Windows are a big investment and regular maintenance is important to keep them operating properly. Below are some tips and general information to help you keep your windows looking and performing their best!
It is highly recommended that you clean your windows at least once a year. Fall is a fantastic time to do this because it’s not too hot, but not too cold– and you’re less likely to have to deal with mosquitos or other unwanted distractions.
- Cleaning your windows should include the glass, frame, and track.
- Your Restoration Window glass can be cleaned with common household glass cleaner or mild detergents. Windex or diluted ammonia water works well.
- Make sure the weep holes (drainage holes in the exterior bottom of your window) are unobstructed.
- Use mild dish soap (such as Dawn) to clean the frame.
- Always make sure your windows are closed and latched when not in use. Doing so prevents damage to jambs and warping.
- When windows aren’t latched water can get in and damage window components and trim. (Manufacturer and Workmanship warranties do not cover neglect.)
- Screens will not prevent children or animals from falling out of windows.
- During winter, keep blinds and shades open during the day and open at least 6” at night. Also, it’s important to monitor and control humidity.
- This will help reduce condensation build-up on the glass.
- Restoration Windows come with a Life-Time Warranty that covers the components from manufacturing defects. Damage from neglect or misuse is not covered.
- Lutgen Companies will service manufacturing defects free of charge for three years after installation. After three years, Lutgen Companies will charge a service fee for any services needed for your Restoration windows.
- Lutgen Companies workmanship warranty covers installation craftmanship
- Pictures and directions showing how to operate your sashes for cleaning are available by clicking here.